NOVEMBER 2nd & 3rd, 2019
Fun Little Tidbits from the 1964 Spot Book!!
● Shrimp is the best bait to use for catching Spots.
● Best time to fish for Spots is just before day break right after bad weather.
● The north side of the pier is the best place to catch Spots.
● Ice caught fish well, one hour off ice after fish is out of water can sour him.
● Spot fish is the leading fish in the Carolinas
● In the 1920’s spot fish were not sold commercially
● In the 30’s spot were sold in a bunch not pounds.
● In the 40’s Spot would not bite a hook.
● In the 50’s Spot became the leading seller in the south.
● In the 60’s more Spot were sold than any other fish, when in season.
OPEN POSITION-LOOKING TO BE FILLED
Pender EMS & Fire Representative:
Kelly Futrell Jacobson